Sunday, January 4, 2009

One year ago, yesterday

One year ago, on 1/3/08, my job position in the insurance agency I worked was eliminated and the office closed. After being in the insurance business (since 1/86) I was jobless. Course the financial issue came up, but with my severance pay and such - I was able to make an extra mortgage payment to stay ahead. However, I wasn't jobless for long. I helped clean out the house of a dear friends parents, that they lived in for 30yrs, after they sold it. Then I worked per Diem as a lunch lady, worked (work) for a former employers daughter in their insurance agency that she and her husband own (when they want a vacation I fill in since its just them) worked many, many, many hours on the ambulance service and finally got a job at the local hospital. I had lots of plans for things I was going to accomplish with the house, some got done but a majority didn't as I didn't have as much time off as I figured I would!!! After working while the kids were little, I was able to spend time with them. Sure made school vacations and summer vacation easier! But as I sit here its amazing how fast the past year went. How things seem to fall into place and work out. Yeah, as usual money is tight - but when isn't it? But we are happy, healthy and doing just fine!

Now....to find the time to paint the rooms I want, hoe out closests and bedrooms!!


5 comments:

Jean said...

During this past year you've certainly proved you're not one to sit for long, Marg. You got out there and found jobs to keep you busy. I'm glad everything has worked out fine for you.

Cheryl said...

You go girl!

Melissa said...

You leave me amazed, always! You are truly a dynamo!

Kristine said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year. I'm so glad you found a good job. I love ya Margaret!

Kimberly said...

Hoe out the closets! ROFL!